Happeniongs from this weeks meeting...
 
Call to Order

President Amy presided over the meeting tonight.  I am sorry to say, that I was not there for the beginning of the meeting, so whoever led the club in the Pledge of Allegiance, singing of America and the invocation, thank you very much - my deepest apology for not having the information to recognize you.

On the Menu...

Fresh garden salad with Ranch dressing, beef stew over garlic mashed potato's, steamed cauliflower with melted cheese and short cake with warm cherry sauce and whip cream!

Guests

Jennifer Roosenberg - Ferndale Chamber of Commerce Director

Little Sydney

The Games We Play


50/50 

    President Amy was feeling rushed and forgot all about it. 

    Hold on to those tickets for next week

Scam

     

Happy Bucks

We skipped right through this too...have those dollars ready for next week!

Birthdays & Anniversaries

None to mention this week

General Announcements
by Amelia Roll

General Announcements:

***Entertainment Books are still available, $20.00 per book ...  books are available at meetings or contact John Parker or Amy Roll for more details***

1. Helen Singer has offered to make a quilt for our club to raffle off at District Confernece this year.  We are asking for members to donate Rotary neckties for the project.  So gents, look and see if you have one to spare!!!!  This has potential to be a really great project for our club. Come on fellas, I haven't received any ties yet....Helen says they can be in less than perfect condition, so don't be shy, send them in!!!!

2. Rotary Jeopardy will be on November 10 at the Royal Oak Club beginning at 12:15.  Norm and Sherrry have volunteered to be contestants.  We finally have recevied enough questions to submit.  Thank you to those who helped! 

3. Clarkston Rotary Club is sponsoring a Wine Tasting Event, November 5, 6:30 - 8:30 PM at Bordine Nursery, 8600 Dixie Hwy, Clarkston.  Please contact Jeff Lichty (248) 625-4244 if you are interested in attending - $35 per person, $45 at door

4. We will be hosting a Pancake Breakfast during the Holiday Ice Festival on December 12th.  We need volunteers to help plan the event.  Please contact President Amy if you are available to help.

5. Ferndale Rotary will be hosting the Chamber Coffee Connection on Tuesday, January 5th.  We need volunteers to help plan the event.  Please contact President Amy if you are interested in helping.

 

 

Todays Program
by Amelia Roll

Our guest speaker today was Jennifer Roosenberg, Director of the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce.  She gave a brief history of the chamber - it was formed in 1936, it is a non-profit, member driven organization - not a chartiable organization, 13 board of directors who are elected by the members, annual dues generate just over 40% of income - the other 60% comes from fundraisers.  There are currently 200 members, including the Ferndale Rotary Club.  There are many benefits to being a member, including the excellent networking opportunities at the Coffee Connections held every two weeks and the Business After 5 Mixer held once a month.  The chamber has recently joined forces with Oakland Community College to offer workshops to members at no charge.  The first workshop will be held on Nov. 18th on Using Social Media Tools for Business (Facebook, Twitter, etc).  The chamber also does a weekly e-blast newsletter to keep its members informed on community happenings - members can advertise upcoming events at no charge.  Being a member also creates opportunities for group purchasing, discounts on goods and services and marketing tools.  The benefits of membership greatly outweigh the cost to be a member -the key is to take advantage of all it has to offer!  Also, being that our club is a member, we all have the opportunity to take advantage of the benefits offered to chamber members.  Feel free to visit the webpage for more information or to sign up for the weekly newsletter at www.ferndalechamber.com or there is a direct link on our club homepage.